Our Membership Service
The institute of offers individual membership services to graduate employees of all public and private sectors organizations and corporate membership services to educational institutions, from nursery to tertiary institutions of higher learning; training institutions; and trade unions/associations.
Professional Membership Grade
The institute’s membership grades are based on experience, educational background, courses taken examinations passed and contributions to knowledge as well as age. The appropriate educational background may be a university degree in a field related to education, human resources, personnel management, industrial relations on in the pursuit of which one has taken course relevant to the above mentioned disciplines; the final examinations of appropriate bodies.
The institute conducts professional examination for fresh graduates of human resources management; education and industrial relations disciplines as prerequisites for election to the associate membership grade. The professional examinations are in two diets viz; March and November of every year, while registration for the examinations takes place between December and January. (for March diet) and June/July for November diet. The institute has tutorial centres located in major cities in Nigeria and Ghana. On registering for the examinations, candidates are directed to the centre considered best accessible to them; for preparatory classes. Graduates are entitled to exemptions based on their disciplines and compliance with all the necessary exemption conditions as stipulated by the council of the institute.
A candidate for consideration for fellowship shall:
• Be a person of outstanding contribution to knowledge, as evidence by his/her achievement of prominent position in the global knowledge industry or distinctive publications that provide essential inputs for intellectual capital development in the public and private institutions.
• Have a full member of the instate for a minimum period of six years.
• Be up to date in the payment of his/her annual membership’s subscription
• Be actively involved in the activities of the institute such as participation in the training programmes, annual and biannual conference,, services as guest lecturer or facilitators
• Election to this grade is by council of the institute members of this grade are entitled to use the initials F.I.M.D after their names.
An applicant must not be less than 30 years of age; in addition; he/she must satisfy one of the following conditions:
• A graduate of any discipline
• A minimum of 5 years in administration position after election as an associate member
• Must be a head of department in the public or private sector organization for a minimum period of 5 years and should have an appropriate educational background from a reputable tertiary institution as stipulated in the Associate membership grade.
• Must be a senior lecturer in a university or polytechnic or any other higher institution of learning, for not less than 5 year
• Must be a graduate teacher or vice principal or principal with not less than 5 years experience in such position in the secondary school system
• Members in this grade are entitled to use the initial M.N.I.M.D.
• An applicant should not be less than 25 years of age and qualifies for direct membership.
• Must have a university degree or HND obtained from a recognized Institution or higher learning, plus a minimum of 3 years as a functional manager or officer in the human resources unit of a public or private organization.
• Minimum of four years as assistant lecturer or the equivalent in the university or polytechnic or any other higher institution of learning; or 5 years as a graduate teacher in the secondary school or college of education.
• However, fresh graduates from the higher institutions learning are eligible as associate after having passed all the prescribed qualifying professional membership examinations organized and conducted by the institute.
• Members in this grade are entitles to use the initials A.N.L.M.D after their names
Corporate membership is open to all institutions of learning such as nursery schools, primary schools, secondary schools and all tertiary institutions of learning desiring to participate in the advancement of knowledge and practice. The corporate membership enables learning organization to nominate their employees as representative members to attend meetings and functions and participate in other institutes activities.
Class of Corporate Membership
1. Training institutions, trade associations or unions: human resources consulting institutions etc.
2. Tertiary institutions of higher learning (public and private).
3. Secondary schools
4. Primary schools
5. Nursery schools
An applicant must possess a university degree or a professional qualification obtained from a recognized institution of higher learning, and is currently sitting for the professional examinations organized by the institute.
An applicant must be undergoing a course of study or study in education management human resources industrial relations and allied disciplines in a territory Institution of learning. However, he or she is not qualified to sit for the professional examinations until the degree qualification is obtained and membership upgraded to the graduates status.